Monday, June 14, 2010

The Conclusion

Over the year with the blogs I have learned to remember to do them. Also that there is more to a piece of literature then what the text literally states. My blogs have developed me personally as a writer. I now ask better questions and I have learned to understand the text in depth instead of taking what it says literally. The ones about a literal written piece has made understanding something in a significant way and even farther in depth. The farther you go in a text, the more details you can add to your essay. The main point of these blogs is to excel into a better writer and help people comprehend the books we have read. The questions for Great Expectations, helped us understand what we were reading more by our peers comments. Most of these questions helped write better essays, because they create another environment to where one can write formally and ask questions about things. The blog about Pip's chains had us expand the symbol for chains to its actual meaning of lies. We then put that into consideration as we wrote an experienced based paragraph about our chains. The Mockingbird blog emphasized the meaning of motif by having us find a motif and write about it and examine the overall meaning of it and how it contributes to the whole book. With the Victorian Research blog we explained how it was back then with the gender roles and how the book The Importance of Being Earnest, explaining examples of the roles and how Oscar Wilde took that aspect and put it into context. Although after all of these blogs and comments helping me improve my writing, I still definitely feel it can be much more detailed and use different word choices. As Shakespeare wrote in Hamlet, "My words fly up, my thoughts remain below: Words without thoughts never to heaven go." Meaning the words in our blogs would have never happened if we had not been thinking in depth on what the blog is about and how to make it sophisticated, such that we will understand what we are writing and others will understand what we are writing. Overall these blogs are good for us, to look back on, and to expand our writing to new heights in word choice, and to take it to new depths in the details of the chosen literature. With all of that said, I ended up liking the blogs even though they are troublesome. Eventually I will look back on these to see how I used to write and I will have improved on my redundancies and word choices. Hopefully. Have a good summer!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR QUOTE!!! Your so right about the fact that we need to be deep thinkers to type words that actually have meaning. Plus, the blog has been really helpful in understanding the novels we read because people can comment on questions we have and we can look at their blogs to see what interpretations they get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA! Yeah, I love you quote too! It makes me want to pay special attention to what I say. I do have problems with giving short answers and not trying to give complete and more of a high school level answer. I should count how many times a day I reply to a question with one or two words. I think I would be very disappointed in myself. Well, thank you for giving me something to ponder. :) Enjoy your summer Clare-y!

    ReplyDelete