Friday, May 21, 2010

Challenges and Conquests

Over the course of 9th grade Honors English, I have learned to write well developed essays. I have learned to use the book to support an idea and to really dig deep to analyze what the author is trying to say. I have also learned to not be repetitive, although it sometimes seems that I am, but I change the words into their synonyms to make them sound less redundant. I do believe that I am growing into be an accomplished essayist, but I do have troubles therefore I don't think I am all the way to accomplished yet. Analyzing the writing for literary elements is a good thing, even though it's a bit of a hassle. It can help you comprehend the text and to understand it, instead of just having it go over your head. The challenges of analyzing is that is can be hard to explain. You know how it goes in your head, but it's hard to put on paper.

So far after my finishing of my Romeo and Juliet essay, (I am still going to make it better) I think it is in the high B range. I'm still having trouble with redundancies and making it sound original and deeper than the meaning that is shown in the text. I am going to work on those things by using synonyms for repeating words and reading the text and try to get a deeper meaning of the play than what I have. I think I can possibly get it into a low A, but hopefully higher. After writing this blog I realize, I really have to work on the repetitive element.

2 comments:

  1. I learned some of those same things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also learned those things! English this year has really taught me a lot about good, quality essay writing.

    ReplyDelete